NAMI Chicago’s programs include:
- an information and referral HELPLINE — (312) 563-0445 — which receives more than 10,000 calls annually;
- informational publications on all aspects of mental illnesses, including a resource card which is a wallet-size guide to key services in Chicago and over 140 fact sheets on mental illness symptoms, coping strategies, medications, and other illness-specific information;
- family and social support group meetings in our office as well as other sites throughout greater Chicago;
- educational meetings and programs for members and the public such as the 12-week Family to Family Education Course, the eight-week Pathways in Living educational course, designed by individuals living in recovery, for persons living with a mental illness, and educational presentations by request of community members;
- an excellent, up-to-date lending library, which includes publications on mental illness as well as videos on VHS and DVD; and
- computer recycling, in which volunteers clean computers that have been donated by community members, and offer them to individuals living with a mental illness on a first come, first served basis.
For more information about our programs, please contact us.